The Perfect Drink
Coconut water is a light, clear liquid extracted from young, green coconuts. The liquid is actually 95% water, naturally, and is part of the endosperm of the fruit.
Before the coconut matures, the endosperm becomes more and more solid, and develops into the coconut meat you find in ‘adult’ coconuts.
The health benefits of coconut water includes;
- Rich source of natural vitamins (especially the B vitamins), minerals, and trace elements (including zinc, selenium, iodine,sulfur and manganese).
- Loaded with amino acids, organic acids, enzymes,antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
- Lots of electrolytes and salts, particularly potassium and magnesium.
- Refreshing, no sugar added, nearly fat-free,
- Natural plant hormones, which have anti-aging, anti-cancer, and anti-thrombolytic effects in humans.
The alkalizing properties of coconut water on your body helps correct the damage of acidifying foods which lead to heartburn, and stomach upset.
Another healthful benefit of this delicious drink is the ability to balance the bodies’ electrolytes after exercise. Rather than reaching for a sugar-filled drink, grab a coconut water.
Clearly, coconut water far outweighs anything we can possibly create ourselves. In fact, it’s so compatible with the human body that it can be used intravenously if necessary.